I’m testifying this morning at 10:00 AM (Eastern) at a Congressional hearing on “Behavioral Advertising: Industry Practices and Consumers’ Expectations”. It’s a joint hearing of two subcommittees of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce: the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection; and the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet .
Witnesses at the hearing are:
- Jeffrey Chester, Executive Director, Center for Digital Democracy
- Scott Cleland, President, Precursor LLC
- Charles D. Curran, Executive Director, Network Advertising Initiative
- Edward W. Felten, Professor of Computer Science and Public Affairs, Princeton University
- Christopher M. Kelly, Chief Privacy Officer, Facebook
- Anne Toth, Vice President of Policy, Head of Privacy, Yahoo! Inc.
- Nicole Wong, Deputy General Counsel, Google Inc.
I submitted written testimony to the committee.
Look for a live webcast on the committee’s site.